This 450-calorie dinner idea from Cooking Light is full of flavor — and 39g of protein. Chicken is a high-quality protein that is naturally low in sodium. Avocado delivers twice the amount of potassium than banana and is a good source of folic acid, vitamin E and B-vitamins.
Grilled Chicken With Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 2 ears yellow corn, shucked
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sliced peeled ripe avocado (150 g)
Preheat grill to high heat.
Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Chill buttermilk mixture until ready to serve.
Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Combine oil, onion powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and chipotle; rub evenly over chicken.
Coat corn and onion with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, corn, and onion on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until done, turning chicken and onion once and corn occasionally.
Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut corn kernels from cobs. Slice chicken.
Arrange 1 breast on each of 4 plates. Arrange 2 yellow and 2 red tomato slices on each plate. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes. Divide corn, onion, and avocado evenly among plates. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over salads. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 breast and 1/4 of salad recipe
Per serving: Calories: 331; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 79mg; Sodium: 541mg; Total Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 39g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 904mg; Vitamin A: 24%; Vitamin C: 57%; Calcium 6%; Iron: 18%
Article first appeared on My Fitness Pal. Click here to read the original article.